Friday, December 6

I spent the ENTIRE morning and part of the afternoon setting up Christmas decorations in my basement. I was having a really hard time convincing myself to just get it done and over with, but I got to say now that its all done, I'm glad I did it. Its helping me get more into the holiday mood. I'd forgotten just how cute and fun the ceramic decorations I made a few years are. I should really get back into do that, but don't know when I'd find the time. Poor Mom is upstairs putting up her decorations - where she goes bonkers with all sorts of different things. They're beautiful really - she's got a lovely village and a gorgeous tree. It usually takes her about 2 to 3 days to get everything put up... I was going to help her with some of it this afternoon, but I'm just too damn tired from doing my own today! LOL! Maybe I'll help her in the morning set out the village. I'll take pictures once everything is done and lit up. I think I'm going to have an early night - and watch a fun movie while I'm working on yet another doily. LOL! I just finished #9 and have started #10. 3 more to go - if my calculations are correct I'll need 12 in all. That reminds me, I need to sit down and make a list of things I need to get yet. I just feel very unorganized this year - sort of scatter-brained. Usually by the middle of November or no later than Thanksgiving I have everything worked out and most everything already purchased. Not this year. Oh well. This must be my "off" year. On a totally different subject... this made me laugh...
Happy weekend all!