Saturday, October 12

Oooh me aching back and knees!! I'm working on my recovering my quilt. I got the cover done, which I'm doing a bit different than usual. I sewed up 3 of the 4 sides (top and bottom) then stuffed my old quilt in. Then all I have to do is sew up the 4th side after I'm done with the ties. That way I don't have to do all that horrid binding. I hate binding quilts. My aunt told me about this method and I quite like it. Instead of dragging the quilt frames out (which I really don't have room for) I've spread the quilt out on the floor and am kneeling down to do the ties (hence the aching back and knees!). I'm 3/4 the way done with the ties and ran out of yarn. Damn! But, Mom and Dad to the rescue. They're on their way home from town and are bringing some yarn to me. Love cell phones - especially that Dad has his turned on for a change! LOL!! This is one heavy quilt. Remembering back, this is the 2nd time I've given it a face lift. So, there are now 6 layers of flannel and one layer of the batting. Gonna be sooooooo cozy!!!! It was 33 degrees this morning, yes 33. One degree above freezing! BRRRRR!!!!! Its warmed up to a whole 54 now, ohhh having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave... I watched the movie "Powder" this morning. It really makes you realize just how awful "different" people are treated. Its an amazing story. If you haven't seen it, you need to. It was filmed in 1995 and stars Sean Patrick Flanery as well as Jeff Goldbloom and Mary Steenburgen.