Thursday, October 17

Oh, bugger. Sniffle, sniffle. Creed has postponed their concert until December! Sniffle, sniffle. Cold is a bit better than this morning, hopefully it will keep going away. Had an absolute CRAZY day today, BUT I did get all the things done I needed to. YAY! I found the errors in the old spreadsheet and balanced on the remaining funds. Whew. Two minor errors caused $23,000 errors within the spreadsheet but the total amount of remaining funding was correct - go figure how that happened. It made the Timster happy that I did this and will come up with yet another way to balance each individual project against funds spent vs funds remaining. The ONE area I didn't double check the entire last year. Ya live and learn. Linda and I are going to see "Sweet Home Alabama" tomorrow and do lunch. I'm looking forward to it, we haven't done anything together for a while. Speaking of Linda - her and this other woman Wendie have tried to set me up with a guy from our building. His name is Mike. Mike works with Wendie on the other end of our building. (I know Wendie through my bud Nancy, they also work together) Anyway, Mike is 40, and engineer, and never been married. He's not from Utah and is new here. So, Wendie gets this idea in her head to set us up. She told me yesterday afternoon that she "knew a guy" but I kinda blew her off. Then this morning, Linda and Wendie come over to my cubical with "cat that ate the bird" smiles on their faces. Linda told me she approved of him (like that tells me a lot - we have opposite taste in men!) and then they told me that he came to check out yesterday but only saw me "from the back." Well that didn't scare him off... Then L & W told me that he wanted to meet me, even just to go out as friends - some one to hang out with, etc., if not romantic... so against my better judgement I agreed to meet him. They went to get him right then but he wasn't at his desk. Whew... but wasn't off the hook yet. As I was coming back from our off-base office and getting a burrito (yum!) I ran into Nancy in the hall. We chatted, and as I neared the door to the room where I sit, I told Nancy what L & W were doing. She looked down the hall and got a weird look on her face... then Wendie arrived from the opposite direction that N was looking, and almost shouted, "Well, well, Karen! Oh, look who else is here..." Then Mike came from the opposite direction. I was trapped, no where to run! She introduced us, in such a way that made both of us really uncomfortable - she was ready for us to be married off then and there. Nancy kept looking at me weird and I thought maybe something was "wrong" with Mike but I found out later it was for Wendie's behavior. Anyway, Mike seems nice. He said he had to run but "we will talk". He's not cute, he's a little shorter than me, and kind of a geek. I'm sure he's got a great sense of humor, just from how he acted. Wendie came over to see me later to see what I thought. I told her even though he's not the rugged, sexy type I like, I'll talk to him or do lunch if he asks. I don't even know if he was attracted to me - or is interested in even talking to me. Then Wendie said "OH! I'll go ask him!" I said, "Don't you dare! Just let it happen or not happen. Please don't interfere and make either one of us any more uncomfortable than we already were today!" LOL!! UGH!