Thursday, October 10

I'm sooooo tired. I can't believe I'm actually sitting in front of a computer after the day I've had! LOL! But NOW I wanna play, not do any more work. My boss and I got a "pat on the back" for the problems we discovered with the WBS, and management liked our suggestions, so they implemented them. They sent out an e-mail to everyone with the new WBS and thanked Timster and I. I got the main part of template ready by lunch time, then took a break to go see the building that we're going to be moving into. After I got back from there... then the real fun began... the formulas! UGH!!! I worked my arse off and got them done but still have to check them. I'm doing a no-no (since I'm and hourly paid employee and have put in my 40 hrs) and brought the bugger of a spreadsheet home to double check everything. Hopefully it won't take too long but will feel so much better having it ready when I get in the office on Tuesday. Monday is a gov't holiday (Columbus Day) but me being a lowly gov't contractor, my company doesn't pay us this or the next holiday. BUT I won't be in the office. I get to go to training in Salt Lake, YAY! I'm taking the first of 3 levels of Excel 2000. I do use this program every day and am quite proficient in it, but want to have "formal" training, and there are some things that cover in the first level I'd like to learn. Now, on this "moving" thing at work. We've (our organization, about 45 people) been told by the "powers that be" that we have to move out of our current building to a building across the base. I'm not very impressed but hopefully that can sort out some issues before we move in... whenever that will be. We'll occupy the North end of the building as soon as the other people vacate and the modifications are made sometime in the Spring. Now, the question is... when we're moving. It could be in as little as 2 weeks and we'd be put in the South end temporarily. The South end of the building isn't occupied but there isn't really enough space for bodies. But we may have to make due, pile bodies on top of bodies (ooohhh... could be fun but there's no one cute I'd like to be piled up on *snicker*). So we'll see what happens. Hopefully they'll find another smaller org that can vacate our current building so we don't have to until the North end is ready. So... now I'm off to blog hop and catch up! TTFN!