Wednesday, October 16

HumpDayHump Act V Scene III: *We are munching out at Chic-Fil-A while the kids go crazy in their own little playarea that is enclosed with soundproof glass. Ahhhhhhhhh, quiet.* Quiet on the set!! Roll tape..... and....ACTION!! Christy: Dang you did a good job coloring my hair! Thank goodness for Nice n' Easy #!06a and the help of good friends like you! I was tired of being a tangerine as my daughter dubbed me. My next project is whitening my teeth with that new Colgate Simply White gel. Do you take good care of your teeth? Karen: Yes, I really pamper my teeth and gums. Christy: Yeah, i know, if my luck runs as it did with my haircolor I will have brown teeth by the end of this project. I read that this stuff works really well though. My teeth stain really easily and I love coffee and coke so this better work. I have soft teeth which means lots of cavities over the years. Do you have any cavities? Karen: I've had A LOT of dental work done to my molars and some to my bicuspids. I had a baaad dentist when I grew up and I didn't take very good care of my teeth. Christy: I like my smile. But there was a time when when I didn't at all. I had very crooked teeth as a child which, thanks to the generosity and selflessness of my parents, resulted in a full set of braces. I can thank the braces for my present smile. I had them for FIVE years! Did you ever have braces or any cosmetic dentistry? Karen: I never had to have braces, but had a small split between my two front teeth. I considered a veneer to close it, but never went through with it. I'm so glad I did because about 5 years ago, it closed by itself. I've had all my 8 molars crowned - due to huge fillings and 4 root canals. Christy: Honestly, I would love to be an oral surgeon or at the least a pediatric dentist (for kids). Many people I know (*cough*Dad, Heather *cough*) despise the trip to the dentist with a passion. Does the dentist make your blood curdle? Karen: No, actually not any more. I had a really good dentist, Dr Cragun from age 13 until last year (he passed away). He was really good - in fact I worked for him as a receptionist for 4 years! LOL!! I got used to the sound of that drill. Its a really good thing I worked for him, because I got all my molars done while I worked there - except for one root canal and crown when I was 18 before I worked for him. I still go to the same office, the hygientist Annette still cleans my teeth - I'm her star patient, or so she tells me! Do ya think she's just telling me that to keep me flossing every day? Hmmm... Christy: I have to admit that there has to be a better way to administer local anesthesia than the hypodermic needle. I mean, come on, we are in the 21st century people. Drugs and I don't mix either. It takes A LOT to deaden my nerves. I usually wind up feeling part of the operation and motioning as such to the doc in order for him/her to hit me up again. Speaking of which, have you ever done drugs? And don't scrimp on details! Karen: I smoked pot just after high school a few times, and did some speed my senior year but the novelty wore off. Booze was easier to get anyway! LOL!! Christy: Today, I had the pleasure of cleaning poo out of my son's pants. I am so sick and tired of this potty training crap (pun intended). What are your plans for the day? Karen: YUCK!!! I'd puke! LOL!! Well, now that that hellish day of mine is over, I'm gonna relax and go to bed! I'm beat!! Christy: My son woke up not able to walk on his right foot. I have had to carry him around most places (hence that is most likely the reason why he had the poo accident because he couldn't run to the potty and just "forgot" to holler for me). I don't know what is wrong with him. He just can't put any weight on his right leg. Ever had that happen to you and last most of the day? Karen: Yeah, but its because of my Rheumatoid Arthritis, when a joint flares. Like my knee, foot or ankle. Christy: See you later on! Karen: TTFN!! CUT!!