Saturday, October 5

I went for a NICE, LONG drive up the canyon today. The colors were incredibly beautiful. I really forget how much I love taking a drive up there. The winding road and beautiful mountains is fun to drive and my car still handles the curves like a dream after all these years. I took some pics, and will get that great guy Colin to host them for me so all interested can see them. I felt soooo good after the drive, much more clam about things. My Mom was home from her little trip to Idaho (she went to stay with my Aunt who had eye surgery) when I arrived home from my drive. She wasn't too happy about things with Kathy, I didn't know that Dad had decided to have Kathy move in without discussing it with Mom. Oooo. Bad Dad! Although Mom was quite torked, she still didn't see any other way right now. Sigh. We're all stuck. We've got to make the best of it. Shit. Mom was sitting here at the computer checking her e-mail, I was in my bedroom reading, then all of the sudden I hear a muddled "Karen!!!???" (in a Uh-oh tone). Oh shit. That's never good. I went to see what the problem was - IE AND MSN e-mail was hosed. Not sure HOW it got hosed, it worked fine earlier... me thinking, "MOTHER WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY COMPUTER????" As I got playing with it, I noticed that no scripts were running at all and other weird things were happening. Damnit all to hell. So, I've spent the last 3.5 hours trying to figure it out and downloading Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 (took 2 hrs!). Hoping that was the problem...nope. Then I tried IE 6, reinstall. It only took 1 hour to download and install, and... WHEW, it worked. PC is happy again. Oh well, probably a good thing to have the latest service pack on it too... I'm beat now... so me thinks I'm going to turn in early and snuggle in bed and watch a good movie with my cat. I was just visiting Kat and she mentioned the movie Sweet November with Keanu. I love that movie. Sounds like a good choice - have myself a good cry too ;-) G'Night!!!