Thursday, October 17


Jobs! 1. What are 3 important things to you about a job? Good atmosphere, great boss, and feeling like I make a difference/contribution. 2. What are 3 things you hate about the job you have now - or one that you used to have? One I used to have – retail! Some customers were awful to deal with, unfair boss, and crap pay. 3. Have you ever had a bad supervisor (you know the kind...one you'd like to choke the living shit out of)? What did he/she do? Yes, C and she was the biggest b*tch. I was her assistant manager in a fabric store. We were “friends” for about 3 of the 4 years I worked there, then she suddenly turned against me and started rumors about me and tried just about everything to get me to quit. When I didn’t quit, she made up lies that I stole some displays from the store (displays that I made on my own time) and she told me I could take them home after the season. So, she fired me. When I called her boss and explained everything that had been going on, he was not surprised at all. He offered me my job back, but I told him I didn’t want it – no way would I work for her ever again. So he gave me a months’ severance pay (vs. regular 2 weeks) I suppose so I wouldn’t sue them and I went on my merry way and got a better job. BONUS: What's the best job you ever had (or that you'd like to have)? How do you envision the job? Do you think once you had the job you may find out its not the “dream” job you once thought? My dream job would be a counselor of some sort – where I could really make a difference. I don’t imagine it would be an easy job at all, but perhaps very rewarding.