Monday, October 7

Monday Mission 1. I just got back from a family reunion. It was ok, but I find those gatherings a little boring. Does your family ever have any reunions or annual get-togethers? Do you enjoy them? My Mom's family used to when my Grandma and all her siblings were living, but not since the last one died. I used to have a lot of fun at the reuinions... didn't like to when I was a teenager, but started liking them again later on. 2. A gal I work with told me that when her husband's drivers licsence comes up for renewal, she swipes it. She says he won't ever pose for pictures and that's the only way she can get a photo of him. Is that not creepy? Are you a picture person? Do you like taking photos, and having yours taken? I'm not really photogentic at all, don't like having my pic taken, but not as bad as I used to. I used to avoid at all costs. 3. Time for show and tell: post a recent photo of yourself! 4. I have a cousin I always knew as Jay. As he got into college, he began to go by Greg. Turns out is name was Greg, Junior. Jay was short for Junior! Can't blame him for changing it. Did you ever have a nick-name growing up? How did it come about? Did you ever give anyone a nickname that stuck? Kammy. A friend of mine couldn't say Karen so she called me Kammy. Primarily only my parents called me Kammy, unless my siblings were mocking me, then they would. My Dad does still call me Kammy on occasion. Mom has shortened it to KB or Karen Bean. Not sure how the Bean thing started. 5. Since I don't have cable, a friend promised to send me a few episodes of "Trading Spaces," the show where folks redecorate someone else's home (and I'm still waaaaiiiting on that tape). But that got me to thinking about how I'd change my own house if I were able. And the room I'd do first would be the bathroom. If you could design the bathroom of your dreams, what would it be like? Spare no expense! HUGE garden bath tub (jacuuzi too), with a huge picture window (recfective so no one could see in), double shower all glass doors, all gold faucets through out, double sinks (his and hers) huge counters, lots of drawer and cupboard space so things are "sitting out" and a really nice medicine cabinet, big enough to hold all I'd like it to and more. State of the art toilet as well. tee hee 6. I've been trying to catch up on the early seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in re-runs, though I've been told to buy the DVDs. But I think I'd rather borrow them if I could. But there are a few television shows I'd like to own on DVD (like "The Flash" and "Max Headroom"). What shows (if any) do you own in a video collection? What TV shows would you like to see collected on DVD or video? Friends and M*A*S*H 7. I recently watched "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang" again, first time since I was little. It held up pretty well, unlike some movies that are better in your memory than they are when you see them again (like "E.T." good movie, but for me, better as a memory). Do you have any favorite movies from your childhood? Do you think you would still enjoy them if you watched them today? I love and still love all the Disney movies, Parent Trap, etc., and will always love Willy Wonka. BONUS: Don't you know you're sleeping in a spotlight? I am? Hope I didn't drool or snore...