Wednesday, October 9

Holy shit, what a day. I got pretty frustrated this afternoon. I HAVE to get the new templates for our written and financial reports done by the time Ieave tomorrow or I'll be in one BIG mess next week. I got the written report done, no problem. I'm working on the bugger of a financial spreadsheet now. This thing is HUGE. 13 pages of tabloid size paper - 8 pt font. Now, the gov't has requested that we "modify" the template to fit their WBS. Fine. Glad to. But all we ask is that they be realistic and use common sense. This report is already hard to read its so small and contains so much information. Now they want us to add more columns for project types, types of funding, yadda yadda yadda. Well, any dork can figure out that the "types of funding". There are two types of funding 1) our Sugar Daddy gov't sponsor and 2) customer. On the WBS, there are 1 through 6 categories with several sub categories. Now - 1 through 5 are all Sugar Daddy funded. 6 is Customer funded... now WHY would we need another column when this is requires NO brain work. Its always been this way. Anyway, its all messed up. They haven't allowed enough columns for the "sub categories" and say they only need 3 levels of "sub categories" Wrong. One sub category alone has 7 sub-sub categories. I brought this to my boss' attention, then he went to the gov't guys and said, "this is the problem, how should we proceed?" I wait all stinking afternoon and they still hadn't made a decision when I left. I really doubt they'll even have it by tomorrow afteroon... damn. Setting up the text isn't the hard part, the hard and intense part are the formulas. Approximately 1200 cells and over half of them will have special formulas in them... its an all-day-leave-me-alone job. Not a happy camper about it. I should really tell these guys they need to let me sit in on the next planning session so I can give them a common sense presence. LOL! OK, enough rambling on about work! UGH! I was there 11 hrs today, that's enough. Now I'm gonna read a bit then head to bed! G'Night all!