Monday, September 30

Ladies and Gentleman... GAEKWAD is back!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed ya, P! Today was my Great-Uncle Warren's funeral services. I've got to say - this man was amazing. I always knew he was incredible, but didn't realize just how incredible until today. He was so generous and loving, always respected people no matter their station. Its really kind of sad that we don't really SEE people for who they were until their funeral and hear how others thought of him and the reasons why. It makes you want to go up and hug all your relatives and people who are special to you and tell them how you feel. My Dad's twin sister came, she's got cancer (this is her third round with it - two were in her stomach, now it is in her spleen) but she's a courageous woman. So cute - sweet little lady. She's going out to West Virginia in a couple of days to see my Uncle Don who also has cancer (in his kidneys). My other Uncle Keith was there for a little while and he's got cancer of the prostrate, but had to leave for his #21 of 35 radium treatments. Things happen in threes, right? They're all doing well and they've got fighting spirits. My Uncle Kent and his wife Anne were there as well. Anne has always treated me with some sort of "coolness" for some reason, not sure why. But she blew me away today. She came up to me, asked "Karen? Is that you?" I smiled and said yes and how good it was to see her, then she said "My, what a beautiful young woman you've become!!" Wow. I about fell off my feet. It really meant a lot for some reason coming from her, and she was quite sincere. Its only been about 2 years since I've seen her, and I know I've lost a lot of weight and FEEL better about myself (not so shy either), maybe she felt like I was more approachable? Who knows... it made me feel really good, none the less! Now, here's the question of the day. Why do parents (mostly Mothers) find it necessary to explain or exploit or mention their children's health problems? Hmmm??? Every relative that I was talking to, and Mom was near... they asked me "how are you doing?" she'd pipe up and say, "Karen has really had some rough days, she's got Rheumatoid Arthritis!" LOL!! UGH! Here I am, in the company of at least 2 relatives with cancer and she's bringing up my RA??!! All I wanted to say "I'm fine, thanks. How are you?" Last weekend my Mom did the same thing with my Aunt Lou Jean. She asked how I was when I first saw her, and Mom pulled me over and grabbed my calf to show Lou Jean all my itchy blisters! UGHHHH!!! STOP!!! How old am I?! It makes me feel like I'm about 5 and she's showing off my cuts and bruises! LOL!!! She doesn't do it in a malicous way, she's a sweetheart to the core (until she gets mad at ya, then look out). I just don't get it...