Tuesday, September 17

OK, I'm in hell. These so-called red bumps all over me are actually little blisters that itch like mad. I tried to go to work today. I really did. I got up got in the shower and the water stung like crazy!!!!! I had a really rough night as well. Besides the itching, I kept waking up in cold sweats and just plain miserable so I'm gonna stay home. My doc's office finally called last night. They're thinking that my liver enzymes can't be at a seriously high level, since I was on the meds for 3 weeks and this is the first sign of trouble. So, I have to take mega doses of benedryl until my breathing goes back to normal and my itchy blisters go away. UGH. If any of my symptoms get worse I'm to call them immediately or go straight to the ER. In the mean time, he doesn't want me on anything new until the Arava is out of my system. I have an appointment on October 7 and hopefully by then they'll have authorization from my insurance company to go ahead with the Remacade treatments. YIKES! 3-hour intravenious treatments. Scares the hell out of me, but if it helps me, I gotta buck up and do it. Also having tried all these other meds without success should help the fight with the insurance. OK - done whinging! Hope everyone has a good day!