Wednesday, September 25

Why is it that when you make a hard decision and feel like you need to limit communication with someone, not for your sake, but for theirs. I had to do this yesterday. This person (who I’ve known online for all of 2 weeks?!) relies heavily on friends and quite honestly felt like I don’t have the time or energy to be one so heavily relied on, so I felt I needed to limit communication. I felt horrible about it, but I felt I needed to do it. I hate hurting anyone or letting people down. This person needs more than I can give. I'm human. Now. Because of this decision I made to limit communication, I’ve hurt this person enough that it was mentioned on their blog, not just one post but two. Which is fine, freedom of expression. But it came across in such a way that I intentionally hurt them and utterly ruined their day/week/life. It also came across to be like a “jab”. Like – “look what this “friend” did to me” and “she’s not going to talk to me any more” when I was talking about limiting communication (to e-mail only instead of IM), not ending it. And “Thank god for all my real friends.” I also thank God for all my real friends. Friends that wouldn’t blame me for making a tough decision. Well, I don’t need friends like that - friends who strike back after being hurt when it was not intentional. I feel like I'm back in Junior High School. The last thing that was said was “I’ll just wait and see if you e-mail me.” Well, after what’s transpired, I don’t think its going to happen. I really thought about not posting this, but ya know what? I decided to get this out to vent my frustration and hurt feelings, or even in my own defense if need be. Not to make light of this situation, but I wonder if I’m going to be black-balled now in the blogging community??!! So, I’ll end this with saying. People will believe what they want to believe, I know in my heart that I didn’t mean to hurt or cause any pain. Anyone who really knows me and is my true friend (and is worth more than a pinch of puppy poop) knows that.