Thursday, September 26

Here's a big THANK YOU to Emma, of Rain Design for my new Blinkie!!! I love it. (see below is now my signature) I was so excited to get it this morning in my e-mail... and the wonderful Colin loaded it on his server. It only took me 45 minutes.. well OK maybe 30 minutes to figure out how to get my existing signature to go away (without losing the rest of the blog) and have the Blinkie replace it. AHA! I did it. I outsmarted it... or at least just messed with it enough and finally found a solution that worked! So, thanks anyway Tiara, for your offer to help, I did it! Can I just say I'm proud of myself here?? OK, I'm proud of myself. I had a pretty good day at work, although quite busy. I didn't get half of what I set out to do finished because of interruptions. BUT some were good interruptions. For one, my boss Tim has been trying to get training for me, cubiemate Greggie Pooh, and for himself out of the revenue that we generate through our contract. We work hard, we deserve to get some benefit of training from this revenue we work hard to generate. The company will also benefit greatly in us getting training because A) it makes us more valuable as employees, 2) it makes us more valuable and supportive to the customer, and iii) it helps us grow as human beings. I'm sure there are lots of other benefits but I'll stop there. So anyway... Tim has been hounding the division manager to make a decision THIS week because time was running out. The training I requested had a REALLY great deal and it expires tomorrow. GP and the Timster will both need to travel for their training and the longer they DM takes to make a decision, the more expensive the airfare is going to be, etc. Now there's a problem with our DM having to go to his boss for authorization to spend such funds. UGH. I hate corporate politics. They think they found a way around the problem, but wouldn't get it resolved today. BUT since my training is only $849 for 18 months of classes - all I want to take, he said to go ahead and register. So I did! The company will pay for 5 to 6 days (depending on the budget, but at least 5 days) of salary to attend 5 to 6 1-day software/application classes. I can take alllllll the other classes I want on my own time in the next 18 months. There is also a huge possibility that this same time next year, they'll agree to pay for me to take more classes and pay my salary since the training is already paid for. What a deal. This place I'm going to is in Salt Lake (just an hour drive away) and it offers HTML classes - two levels! WOOHOO! I'm definitely going to take those on my own time. I really want to learn HTML. Ahhh... I'm off for the weekend. I was going to be ambitious and do part of my cleaning tonight, but got distracted with the internet again... tee hee.