Wednesday, September 4

HumpDayHump Act IV Scene III: *We are chatting on the phone before I have to head to get the kidlets from school. Husband is out of town......again! I need some company :o)* Quiet on the set!! Roll tape..... and....ACTION!! Christy: When I was a kid, we played so many fun games with the other kids in the neighborhood. We played "kick the can", "hide n' go seek", "Red Rover", "freeze tag" and many many others. Do you remember any of the games you used to play as a kid? What were they? Karen: Yes! I remember those games. We played Hide n' go Seek, Red Rover, Freeze Tag, and put on crazy stupid plays. We always had such a great time! Christy: Things have changed so much. Kids these days aren't safe to roam the neighborhood as we used to. We would go everywhere on our bikes or walking. No place was off limits really as long as mom knew where we were going and knew the family. Could you wander all over as a child? Where was your favorite place to "hang"? Karen: I couldn't wander too much. Mom always had to know "who's house" I was at. I think I hung out at my friend Carol's than anyones, her house was my second home. Christy: I found an awesome site last week while looking for a link to Penny Racers. It is YesterdayLand.com. On there I found so many toys I used to play with. Some I remembered and some I had forgotten about like the awesome Fisher Price Little People barn that "Moo'd" when you opened the barn doors and Monchichi's! Remember any favorite toys you used to play with? Are they still hanging around somewhere? Karen: I can't think of what I did with mine! I can't remember for sure, but I may have given them to my nephews. I should have held on to them! Christy: Also on that site were links to old television shows! Does anyone out there remember "The New Shmoo" or "Electra Woman and Dyna Girl"? Too old for you, you say? Well what about "The California Raisins Show" or "Captain CAAAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAAN"? Karen: Oh yeah!!!! Captain Cave Man was soooo funny!!! I loved the Laugh Olympics, Dyno Mut, Jabberjaw, Hong Kong Fooey, Hair Bear Bunch, etc. LOL!!! I used to get up really early on Saturday mornings so I wouldn't miss a thing. I miss them! I catch some once in a while on Cartoon Network. I'll always be entertained by cartoons, I think! Christy: Arcade games back then were so basic but rocked! I was queen at Centipede! I used to play it at the Super Scooper Ice Cream Parlor (did your town have one of those?). Do you remember when Dragon's Lair came out on arcade?? I was psyched but sucked royally at it. I have hardly any hand/eye coordination. Do you like arcade games? Karen: I liked PacMan and Ms PacMan... that's about as far as it went. I don't play any now at all. Christy: I started my exercise regime today, so no fast food for me! Want to head to Ruby Tuesdays for an awesome salad? Karen: Ooohhh! That sounds great - I'm starving! CUT!!!