Tuesday, September 17

I got a call from my doctor's office today to check on me (which I thought was nice!!) and to tell me they found out some info on Remacade and how my insurance pays for it. They will pay 85% of a treatment, then when I meet the $1000 maximum (out of my pocket amount), then they'll pay 100%. Now, here's the kicker. Each individual Remacade treatment is... get this... $4000. Yes, you read right. $4000. The first 8 weeks, I have to have 4 treatments then after that once every 8 weeks. Good thing I was sitting down when they told me this. I'm not starting it quite yet - I'm still thinking about how I'm going to come up with my $1000. I'll have it met by the 2nd treatment. I'm also going to talk to him at my next appointment to see what all my options are. Holy shit! This stuff must be better than gold!