Monday, July 14

I had such a great day yesterday! Just what I needed - relaxation, peace and quiet. I watched fav movies all day long, and crocheted a bit. I am working on a HUGE doily, one I started in the hospital but haven't finished yet. I'm on the second to last row which is taking up a lot of time, a lot of detail. The very last row will be easy. This doily is probably the largest I've made. It will make a gorgeous center piece for a large table... And I think I'm keeping it for ME. I didn't get the nap, but that's OK because I would have had trouble sleeping last night if I had. I think this is going to be another slow work week. My boss is gone on a trip and didn't leave anything extra for me to do. My financials, etc., aren't until next week. So... Unless a something comes up I'm gonna start getting bored... Which leads me into getting into some mischief. tee hee It has been FAR too long since I've caused some trouble around here. I joined another singles thing - matchdoctor.com yesterday. I don't know what will happen, but I've already got a reply from someone. I can't access it here from work though, they've got filters on it so I'll have to wait until I get home to see. Part of me feels like I'm nuts for doing stuff like this, but then again, its hard meeting people in my area. I don't date guys at work (and there's no single guys in here anyway), and I don't do "church" things, I hate the bar scenes... There's really not a lot of choices here. My friends don't know anyone they'd set me up with either. *sigh* I'm really ready to move on now after Jeff and need to start getting out there again. Here's something that I got in one of my mailings that I thought I'd share. On the serious side, but I thought it was good. " Taking Risk " To laugh... is to risk appearing the fool. To weep... is to risk appearing sentimental. To reach out for another... is to risk involvement. To expose feelings... is to risk exposing our true self. To place your ideas and dreams before the crowd... is to risk loss. To love... is to risk not being loved in return. To live... is to risk dying. To hope... is to risk despair. To try at all... is to risk failure. But, to risk, we must, because the greatest hazard in life... is to risk nothing...