Monday, August 19

Monday Mission! 1. Many children have blankets, or a favorite nubby stuffed animal that they like to keep near them for security. Do you recall what you had for your "security blanket" as a child? When did you finally give it up? What brought that about? I always had a thing for blankets. Mom recovered my original blanket about 6 times before I finally grew out of it, then she made me a big quilt and I still have it. I've recovered it three times, I think. I also have 2 of my favorite stuffed animals that survived, they look shabby but they're still together in one piece, except for the little green dog who lost his eyes. 2. Now that you are a big kid, what do you have to give you that same sense of security? Snuggle up in my favorite blanket, put on my favorite comfy PJs and warm socks. 3. With a little over four months left in 2002, have you accomplished everything you wanted to for the year? Is there anything that you would like to accomplish before the year is over? I went to England, that was the major thing. I still want to have someone great in my life and fall in love - if not this year then maybe next. 4. I don't know about you, but it seems to me children have it pretty good these days. Game systems, computers in the home, microwaves, cable TV, the internet, cell phones and pagers, they certainly have a wider variety of technology than most of us did as children. What modern convenience, if any, do you think it would be good for children today to do without? What would they gain? I think not as many games since it can take away from school work. 5. Many of us have one thing in which we believe we excel. What do you do better than most? Hmmmm... can't think of anything right off hand. 6. In the United States, and possibly other countries, teenagers in High School usually wind up falling into several social circles or "cliques." Stoners, Rich Kids, Jocks, Cheerleaders, Band, Drama, Goths, and so on (though the names are probably different today). What High School "clique" did you find yourself in? Was it by choice or did it just happen? Did you look down on other groups? (Aw it's ok, it was/is High School, we all did dumb stuff) I wasn't in any clique... I was between. I got along with the stoners, cowboys, some of the geeks, some rich kids, but not cheerleaders and jocks. 7. (it begins) I have great news! I won the contest and we now have plane tickets to anywhere in the world. The bad news is we have to pick a place now and leave in the morning. I can't decide where to go, so you get to pick. Where should we go, and what is the first thing we should do when we get there? I'd want to go back to England to see London, etc. The first thing I'd do is ring Emma, Pete, Jacky and Bob and say... "I'm baaack!" BONUS: Must I beg you? Oh no... don't have beg but I do like you down on your knees, you're just the right height to... oooohhhh! YES, you read my mind!