Monday, June 24

Woohoo - Monday Mission! 1. Do you wear glasses/contact lenses? If so would you consider going through Lasik surgery? (Or if you already have, please tell us about it) I wear contact lenses the majority of the time, and glasses. The thought of Lasik surgery creeps me out, but if I had the money, I'd do it. 2. Did you ever have to wear braces? How are your teeth? (any cavities, any pulled teeth, root canals, etc.) No braces, teeth very straight. Had a BAD dentist growing up and ate lots of candy. All 8 of my molars are crowned, 5 of them having to have root canals. Good thing I worked for a dentist while I had all this work done, just had to pay lab fees. I do have 3 small white "pit" fillings in my bicuspids. I'm my hygienists' easiest and favorite patient because I floss daily and brush as often as I can. A lot of people tell me what pretty teeth/smile I have - so thanks, Dr C! 3. What (if any) recent movies have moved you emotionally? Which one and how so? I'd have to say "Pay it Forward" It had such a strong message about how we should help people and let the help spread and the ending had me practically sobbing. What that kid did and the effect he had on people with just one small idea was incredible. 4. I visited my dear Mema in the managed care facility Sunday and while she is doing well, I was sad for her. Living out your final days/years someplace like that seems so lonely to me. Would you rather live the remainder of your golden years in a rest home, or pass away before it came to that? I would definitely want to pass away before becoming a burden on anyone or just living my life as practically a vegetable. I think "assisted living" would be OK, as long as I could take care of myself. 5. Sometimes, but not nearly often enough, I will just stop and marvel at the amazing planet on which we live. The eco-system, life and death, nature, the perfect balance that keeps us alive, the universe, it can all be mind-boggling if you let your mind get carried away. What natural creation or phenomenon just flat-out leaves you with a sense of wonder? I'd have to say the moon and sun rising day after day, night after night. No matter what happens to our earth, they're still there. 6. Have you ever been in a fist fight or a situation where you had to get physically violent with someone else? How did that come about? Any consequences? Other than scratching and slugging siblings in self defense, no. Not a physically violent person, although I wish I could have slapped someone's face a time or two. 7. Many times I look back in hindsight and think of how I should have handled a situation. Are there any recent happenings that you wish you would have handled differently? What happened and what do you wish you'd done? I'd have to say this past weekend when I innocently asked my sister if she were going home. I wish I'd just kept my mouth shut because it added more to the conflict - at least on her part. I'm proud of myself that I remained calm and didn't tell her where to go. That wouldn't have solved anything but sure would have made me feel better. BONUS: How far away can you go, and still be dancing with me? I don't know how to dance, really. I would like to slow dance, so don't go too far away, would like you close.