Friday, June 28

Karen? Is that you?? Its been a really weird day. I met Linda and her two nieces at the restaurant where my sister Susie works. I went in the back way to say hi to Susie, then went out front and sat down with Linda. We ordered our lunches, I was craving a salad and the other girls had omelets and breakfast. I was a good girl and stuck to the salad. Mmmm! Susie spoils me and gives me extra pickles on the side. Anyway, one waitress that is a good friend of Susie's came out of the back, looked straight at me, I waved, but she kept walking. I thought maybe she was just busy. A few minutes later, she walked right by our table and I said "Hi!" to get her attention. She had to do a double take, she said she didn't recognize me, which I thought was really strange. Then Linda confessed that she didn't recognize me either until I sat down next to her! LOL! She saw me yesterday and just about every work day for the past 7 years. She said I was wasting away before her very eyes. I don't think I've lost a significant amount of weight this week, but Linda swears I dropped 20 pounds "just like that!". Hmmm... very strange. I was wearing jeans that fit me nicely, not the big baggy things I wore for a while. Susie even had to point me out to another male friend of hers - he didn't recognize me either. I think that is just so weird that 3 people in one day didn't recognize me. Well, things do happen in 3's, don't they?! After lunch, we went to the mall where the movie theatre is and saw Mr Deeds. I liked it, thought it was funny. Then we shopped around the mall for a bit and I decided to get me a new cell phone. I'm tired of dropped calls and no reception, so I went digital with PCS and analog. Cool - I have a new toy!! It even VIBRATES WOOHOO!!!!!! I could even carry it in a pocket if I were so inclined... *snicker* Call me, please call me! LOL!!