Thursday, March 20

3 for Thursday is up, go and play! My answers are in my Meme site. Wow - I got the best news yesterday afternoon, but I didn't want to spoil the surprise for my good friend Colin. I'm going to BOSTON in May!!! I get so see him and his wife, the lovely D. I'll be going for work, to assist in a workshop and will have to sort the details out with my boss about seeing if I can go early (I can save a bundle on airfare if I do). I'm so excited. I just called Colin and gave him the good news... if he and D can put up with me. tee hee I got home last night and had a bit of a tiff with my Mom. I've asked her several times not to discuss my medical issues or anything about my personal life with my sister Kathy. I don't trust her, I don't talk to her (unless absolutely necessary) because she twists everything into something she can use to her advantage, no matter how innocent. She has to cause trouble. Anyway, Mom said that Kathy was concerned about this medication I'm going on next week. She said it was a strong narcotic. Bullshit. There's no way that Kathy (she does have her PhD in pharmacology) would know anything about this medication because its in a clinical trial, and there's nothing on the web about it at all. This medication IS NOT a narcotic. The name may be close to a narcotic or spelled differently, I don't know. Kathy just has to stick her nose in where it doesn't belong. Mom said that Kathy was just concerned about me (RIGHT!), and I told Mom that Kathy needed to concentrate on her own problems and keep her nose out of mine. Kathy has burned too many bridges with me. I didn't mean to hurt Mom's feelings, and I did apologize. I tried to get her to understand why I felt the way I did. I refreshed her memory on a few things, and she finally told me that she understood somewhat, but hated to see her kids distantanced like this. I told her that it may not be forever. Kathy needs to get her mental/emotional problems under control, quit being a liar about everything, get a job (and her lazy husband as well), take care of her precious daughter (instead of pawning her off on Mom and Dad all the time), and move out into their own place and quit dragging everyone in the family down with them when they screw up. Mom couldn't disagree there... Anyhoo... I best get on with my day! Happy Thursday everyone!