Thursday, January 2

Had a quicky doctor appointment this morning. Was only gone from work for 1.5 hrs instead of the usual 2+. Fine with me... but my boss made a crack about him wanting to talk to the doctor's office about not keeping me long enough. He loves me. LOL!! Half the time was traveling, and most of the other half was waiting. But that's OK, I had a new book with me to read... yes, another naughty historical romance. This one is set in the old west with an Indian Brave ooohh... mmmm... sexy. ANYHOO... back to the doc appt. I got my shots, and then got the test results of last week's test. The two things my doc checked for were negative, so now we can rule out the easy stuff. I'm set to see the gastro next Friday, but will see my RA doc again next Wednesday for the weekly appt. Fun, fun, fun. This day is cruising on by, even though I really don't want to be here. Only 2.5 hrs left. YAY. I turned in my timecard for the last two weeks today. I only "worked" 32.5 hrs out of 80. The rest was holiday (16 hrs) and comp leave (31.5 hrs) Wow, I didn't realize I took that much time off, but I guess I did cuz I was sick on Monday. I could work tomorrow if I wanted to... but I don't, so I'm not! This is what my leave is for! I haven't really taken any time off since May anyway. Linda called me today sounding like death warmed over. She and her husband went to England for Xmas, and came back Sunday. Since then both have been really sick with bad, bad colds. Linda could hardly talk, but she said she sounded better than she had all week! They had a blast and partied constantly. No wonder they got sick ;-) But sometimes its worth it! Its good to have her home again, and I'll be glad to see her on Monday. Its her b-day on Saturday and I'm hoping her present arrives in time! I had to order her one of those comfy sweaters too, but in Lavendar... and while I was at it, I ordered me another one! Hahahaha!