Tuesday, July 2

Today was MUCH better. I was told yesterday that the gov't contract I work on would no longer be getting support from our division office with our financials (reporting). The portion that my dear friend Cindy (who is doing the work of 3 people so I can't blame her) was doing will now all be done by your's truly. It wasn't a good day anyway, and when she told me that it was all being dumped on me, I all but broke down and cried. I had tears in my eyes and I was really frustrated and really pissed - I was so tempted to walk out, but I'm not a quitter. The whole thing wasn't handled very well at all. It would have been better if my boss and the big boss (who decided this whole thing) had sat down and discussed this instead of the way it was done then let me know the changes. My boss is on vacation and doesn't know yet and me thinks he's gonna be pissed big time. This adds another 8+ hours to my workload. I can't do anything to change it, so I'll try not to complain and take this on like I have any other new assignment. Might whinge a bit but won't complain. One thing that does bother me is there is not another person to do a "double check" system, its just me. Just little old me. I managed to finally finish the financials today and sorted out what corrections need to be made by our corporate offices in California - I swear, these data input people have to be dorks for the stupid mistakes they keep making. I know no one is perfect, but this is the same stupid mistakes over and over. Then another dork that is supposed to put corrections in either a) doesn't put them in correctly and screws everything up or b) doesn't bother with them at all. Mr Rod and I are going to be friends, I can just tell... not, THAT kind of rod unfortunately. *snicker* Speaking of rods - or the metaphor, I saw a bumper sticker today on my way home that cracked me up. Of course I took it the wrong way - or is that the right way? I forget. Anyway, it was "You can't Beat Wagner's Meat" ROFL!!! Yup, I'm loopy... I'm gonna go now.