Wednesday, July 10

About 20 people from my office went out to lunch today to wish a lady good luck on her new job. We had such a great time. I sat across from Nicole (who is a fellow joker) then there was Pam, Chelene, and Janna on the other side of Nicole. Chelene went to use the restroom about half way through lunch. She left her purse under the table. Nicole and Janna couldn't pass this opportunity up... so Nicole passed Chelene's purse to me under the table, then I put it next to me, where Trudy was sitting. Chelene came back, sat for a couple of minutes, then all of the sudden she starts getting a lost look on her face. She slid her chair back and started looking under the tables. We asked her if she wanted to see everyone's shoes, and she didn't say anything, didn't even ask if anyone had seen her purse. She just sat there with her arms folded, pouting, looking at everyone, trying to figure out who took her purse. We were waiting for our checks to arrive, and I got my purse, set it on the table, and she looked hopeful at me as if I'd pull her purse up. Nope. After another 5 minutes, I asked Trudy to pass me the purse with her feet. Then I passed it back to Nicole, Nicole passed it to Pam, and Pam pushed it to Chelene. It took a couple of minutes before she noticed her purse was back. Then she exclaimed, "Oh, look! My purse is back!" I replied, "Was it missing?" We all kept straight faces, it was priceless!