Friday, May 31

Where is all this heat coming from?? Yesterday was 100, today was 97. Its not even JUNE yet.... close but not yet. We usually don't hit 90's until late June/July. Sigh. I literally baked while out in the sun today, no basking for me. I lasted just over an hour, which is probably enough anyway. According to our forecast, it will be about 75 tomorrow due to a storm moving in. I'll believe it when I see it. I got my cleaning and errands done today so after tomorrow morning's gazebo staining, I'll be DONE with the yucky stuff. What is it about going to Sam's Club (warehouse/bulk store) that you intend just to get a couple of items and spending around $30 but manage to come out with a cart full of stuff totaling $91.24? How does this happen? At least I managed to keep my total at the grocery store down to where I thought it should be. I also went to the local lumber/DIY store and got my yearly supply of spider traps. I HATE spiders. Since I live in a basement, despite being finished and kept CLEAN, spiders love it down here. Especially some poisonous ones called Hobo spiders. They're tannish in color (same color as my carpet in my bedroom!!) so if I see a dark spot, I know its one of those long-legged bastards. Anyhoo... these spider traps are great. They're baited, sticky cardboard things that attract the spiders then they get their legs caught and die a slow, agonizing death. Do I feel sorry for them? Nope, not one bit. Die spiders, die! This is the evil part of me coming out, I guess. LOL!!