Monday, May 27

Next time I volunteer for staining the hot tub, gazebo and decks all in one weekend, please - someone stop me... make me get my head examined. I do this every 2 years, but since I've got Rheumatoid Arthritis, I just can't do it anymore - at least not all in one weekend and certainly not all by myself. I did get the decks done in 3.5 hours flat today - a new record. But now, my back, shoulders, hips, and hands aren't liking me. I spent 5 minutes deciding whether to take a pain pill or a muscle relaxant. The muscle relaxant won out - I figured if I could get the muscles to relax, they might stop hurting... if not, then I'll try the pain pill in about 6 hours. Oh, I sound like a druggy, don't I?! LOL!! Some things are just necessary in life ;-) I've taken a nice hot shower to get all the splatters of redwood stain off of me, and now I'm going to lay down before I head outside to bask in the sunshine. Ahhhh... I can't use the decks though, so will have to stick to the lawn which means no tanning pool to lay in and splash water on me (it burns the lawn). I'll just have to rough it on a blanket, squirt bottle, and get up once in a while to hose off. Ashley (my cat) is NOT going outside for the next 24 hours. Last time I stained the deck, she walked on it. I was furious!!!! Poor thing was freaked out big time and ran on one deck, up the next level, then up the stairs where she waited to be let in at the sliding glass door. Oh, what a mess she made. I ran around through the garage and kitchen then opened the door and tried to catch her, but didn't quite get her fast enough, so the stain was on the carpet. I got her cleaned up (she had pretty red paws for a while though) which was so not fun... cats sure don't like water! Then I set off to work on the carpet. I had just bought some of the miracle orange cleaner and let me tell you, I was impressed. It took the stain right out of the carpet. Whew. Wooooo... muscle relaxant is kicking in so I'm gonna go! Weeeee! ;-)