Friday, May 3

Had a little mishap with my haird this morning. The dryer I brought is a small 1275 watt job that my Mom used for traveling. Its got the American plug, and I used an adapter for it. I was about 2/3 done drying my hair and all of the sudden, the dryer got really hot and started smoking. Lovely. So, I brushed my hair (to straighten it) and waited for it to finish drying... then... I tried my curling iron and the light was 'on' but it never heated up. Oh, shit. I sure hope it didn't damage the adapter or I'll be buying Linda a new one!! While we were out today, we stopped off at the local Argos and picked up a cheap dryer and curling iron. I don't want to go around looking like a fuzz head. It finally rained here today. We've had clouds since I've been here, but hasn't rained. Just love the smell when it rains - so fresh and clean. Tonight we'll be dining at an Indian restaurant which will be fun to try. Although I'm a picky eater, I would like to try something new. Then tomorrow is the wedding and I'll be away from the computer for a couple of days. I think I may go through withdrawls... ;-)