Thursday, May 2

Hello from England!! Thanks to all the comments everyone left for me :-) I'm here, safe and sound and having a great time. England is beautiful! My flights were good. From Salt Lake to Atlanta, the plane was half full, so no one sat by me which was great, and we arrived 30 mins ahead of schedule. Tail winds, I guess. Movie was Kate & Leopold (YAY!) so the flight really 'flew' by. I arrived in concourse A and had to get to E for my flight to Gatwick. Like a ninny, I decided to walk it vs taking the train. It was a nice walk, but not in sandals. By the time I got to E, I had a blister. Oh well, not the end of the world... get those a lot. I put on a bandaid and all was well. The plane to Gatwick on the other hand was quite full. A young college student sat by me and she was quite nice. We didn't chat a whole lot since I was able to sleep for 5 out of the 8.5 hours. Movie was Blackhawk Down, which I've wanted to see, but was sooooooo tranquilized, I just zonked. By the time I woke up, they'd quit playing anything on the video, which I wish they would have done something to keep me entertained. I was quite bored and couldn't read cuz it was too dark. We arrived a few minutes late, made my way to customs and breezed right through. Came out, and there was E waiting for me! :-) Today we went around Oxford and found some touristy type places and some shoppes. Its just so great to see such history in a town and how the modern world has migrated with it. I'm surprised to see so many people actually walking and riding bikes VS driving cars. I think getting hit by a bike is more likely than a car here. ;-)