Saturday, May 11

OK - decided to finish through the 2nd day and post a bit at a time. Knowing blogger, it will be happier if I did it that way. What an incredible trip to England I had! So much fun and saw such amazing things. Emma greeted me at the airport and it was like we were long lost friends. We’ve talked over the internet, but never met face to face, so it was so great to actually be there and hear her talk and see her face. (I met Pete later on that evening and felt the same way about him.) Emma and I drove to Abingdon and we went to see the Thames and feed the ducks. Had a nice, relaxing afternoon. She fed me a good dinner with lamb chops, herbed sausage, chicken, and mint new potatoes. I went to bed about 8pm and slept for 12 hours!! The second day, Emma and I went into Oxford. We walked around all sorts of fun shops and saw the oldest building in Oxford, the Saxon Tower (built in 1040) and climbed the tower. I got quite a few good pics of the town from there. We went into the Oxford Museum and took the tour on the fun little cars… felt like a haunted house ride. We walked around one of the colleges and saw the Bridge of Sighs at Hertford built in 1914 (that joined two buildings together) and the Radcliffe Camera built in 1794. We saw the Bodleian Library founded in 1320, but didn’t go through the guided tour (at least I think that was the name of it!). We walked along the All Soul’s College founded in 1438 (again, I think that’s what it was). I was terrible about writing things down as I went. Too many packages and a camera to deal with. That night we had a Hen Night (very tame) for Emma. Her friend Lorraine and I took her out. Lorraine got her a L plate (learner plate for drivers) to wear for being a bride. We went to a pub, had a drink then started playing Truth or Dare. Lorraine didn’t answer a question, and took a dare. The dare was to kiss a guy from Pete’s table if he happened to be at the same restaurant. We went to a Mongolian Wok and sure enough, Pete and his group turned up there. There were about 10 men and 2 women – all from Pete’s group at work. Lorraine fidgeted all night long about kissing one of them. We continued to play the game and had a lot of laughs. Emma took a dare, went over to Pete’s table and told all the guys that she needed to kiss one of them for a dare and asked for a volunteer. All of them said “I don’t want to get fired!” so she ended up kissing Pete. We got a little silly and I came up with the brilliant idea to ask one of the guys at Pete’s table to see his Prince Albert piercing. I just said it for fun – didn’t actually WANT to do it, although was curious. Emma and Lorraine tried their hardest to find a question that I wouldn’t answer. It was so funny… but the couldn’t come up with one. Emma went over and asked Pete for a question and he came up with “Which guy at his table would Karen like to take home tonight.” At first I was really embarrassed… wondering IF I answered it, if they would really tell the guy I picked. Then I realized that asking to see the Prince Albert would be a hell of a lot more embarrassing to see… so I answered the question. Yes, I was a chicken. If I were drunk, I probably would have asked him to see it without being dared. Anyhoo, I said that a guy sitting next to Pete was kinda cute and was told his name was Steve. Never met him or talked to him though. The whole time we were playing this game, Lorraine kept stalling her dare to kiss one of the guys. She waited until the last minute - just as we were leaving. She picked a guy (that she thought was the safest) and went right over and planted one on him and walked away. The look on his face was priceless - didn't know what hit him. So funny!!!! The night was a lot of laughs.