Friday, April 4

Mom and I had a good day today. We went to IHOP for lunch cuz I was craving breakfast (we didn't go to the restaurant where my sis works - who have the BEST breakfasts because we were on the other end of town). Kane - I want you to know that I behaved and didn't have that stuffed french toast that you mentioned one day, the stuff that I've been fantasizing about ever since you mentioned it. It looked incredible, but with my diet restrictions, cream cheese is a no-no (yes, that means no more cheese cake for me *wimper*). Anyway, I had some hashbrowns, an egg and a pancake which was pretty good, but not as good as my sis makes though. Then we headed off to run the errands. We stopped off at Rite Aid Pharmacy to pick up an RX and saw a sign by some CD-R's, (a spindle of 40, 70 MB) that said 4.99. Too good to be true? Yup. Covering part of the actual dollar amount of $14.99 was a rebate coupon for $5. LOL! Still a good deal, but I was so disappointed when I saw that 1. My heart just sank. They were out of my RX so they had to go to another store to get it, so I told them I'd come back later. When I went to go back to the pharmacy a little while ago, I jumped in my car (we had taken Dad's car earlier), and Grrrrr. Its doing the same thing it was doing Thursday. Loose spark plug, my ass. So I took it back to the mechanic and he tells me that it probably needs a tune up and it would cost $100-150. Sigh. So, its scheduled for Monday. I HOPE that's all it needs, because I sure can't afford any more than that. At this moment I am so wishing I could go out and just get a new car but I just can't afford it. Once I get feeling better and my health is under control, I will probably have to see about getting a second job then I could probably work out getting another car, even a good used one to buy me some time. I hate money troubles! Life would be so much simpler if we didn't have to worry about money. Things could be worse though, so I shall be grateful for what I have.