Saturday, June 14

My Mom and I talked a little more about what's going on around here this morning. We have both decided we were really being ornery today and to just let ourselves be ornery. Its OK to be ornery once in a while. We're both feeling better this afternoon though. I took a nice 2 hr nap after lunch, then have spent the last 2.5 hours going through old bills, statements, etc., that I no longer need to hang on to. I got one huge rubber maid container finished but there was a couple of years of stuff missing so I went hunting through my closet and sure enough, there was the missing stuff in a big box. Shit. Oh well, I've gone too far now to stop. I'm taking a dinner break and checking my e-mail then I'll get back to it. It will be so nice to get rid of all of this. Its very theraputic actually! I need to figure out how to burn the stuff though, because its waaaaaaaay too much to sit and shred. So far, I've filled up a large black garbage sack about 3/4 full. Pack rat extroirdinair. From now on, I will keep reciepts and statements for one year and one year only and shred them. The only things I'll keep are my bank statements, pay stubs, and tax information. Hmmm... is this a goal I can keep?! LOL!!! Time will tell... I've ordered some of those space saver vacuum storage bags. The ones you can put blankets, clothes, etc., into and suck the air out with the vacuum to store them and save room. I can't wait to get them. I have so many blankets, sweaters, etc., that are taking up so much room. If I like them, then I'll have to buy more and really get into saving some space. Getting organized is so much fun... sick, aren't I?! LOL!!