Tuesday, November 5

I started the day off excited that I was getting a CD burner in my 2nd PC here at work. That way I can burn CDs while still working on my main PC. I got the burner in, made the right master and slave drives (with my boss' help!) Went to boot up, and nothing but beep, beep, beep. Rechecked every thing, still beep, beep, beep. Brought a guy from the computer resource office over. He checked everything, looked OK. So he took it back to his office to do further diagnostics. After fiddling with it all day, turns out its probably the motherboard. Damnit. I need it to do an important part of my database work. Now by the time I get a new motherboard, I'm gonna be far behind. GRRR. I did get some good news this afternoon... an e-mail from corporate accounts payable saying that my $41.98 reimbursement check for my mileage to Salt Lake for the training course. will be deposited on Thursday. YAY! I'm poor!