Sunday, May 18

What a weekend! Jeff met me at my hotel after he got off work Friday night. He was just what I expected, so sexy and just like I’d imagined him. We hit it off right away and both felt at ease with each other, but after talking for 2.5 years online I didn’t really expect to feel awkward. We went to get something to eat, then went back to the hotel and all I’ll say on that part of it is *snicker*. Although we hit it off, I knew that there was a huge chance that it wasn’t going to work out. The long distance really bothers him, as it does me. He wishes more than anything that I lived in Indiana, but it’s not in the stars. It takes two to really want to make things work, and he wants me there, but I can’t go out there and move on a whim, leaving behind all I know to “date” him. If I do ever fall head over heels I’d go just about anywhere. We said good-bye last night, after having a long talk. I’ve got the closure I need now and I can truly move on and not look back. I don’t regret any of my time with Jeff. Never will. The past 2.5 years, Jeff has helped me realize a lot and learn so much about myself, and what I want in my life and deserve in my life. I want it all and I’m not willing to settle for just anyone. So, this really isn’t the happy ending that I have always dream about and read in the romance novels. BUT this is a happy beginning. Things happen for a reason, I truly believe that. I have a chance now to really get out there and see who and what is around me. I need to spread my wings and fly and not hide out behind the computer any more. I’m still open to meeting someone online, because I do enjoy getting to know people that way, in some ways its easier. I’m just going to stick to finding someone in my area. Might be easier, huh? Here I am now, sitting in the Cincinnati airport killing time. This morning when I got to the airport, I was informed that my flight between Cincinnati and Boston (that would have left Cinc at 11:00 and then I’d get in to Boston at 1:15pm) was cancelled, and was rescheduled 2:55pm and it didn’t arrive until 5:08pm. I sure hope there’s not any delays. The really shitty news is that the plans with Colin and his lovely wife D have been blown which really sucks… but they shave something special planned for me tomorrow and I can’t wait. I’m looking forward to seeing them today too when they meet me at the airport. I’ll try and update and visit as much as I can during this week, but may not be able to because of the workshop I’ll be working at in Boston. I’ll be home late Thursday night and I’m sure I’ll be happy to get home, and hopefully my cat will forgive me for being gone again. ;-) Mom and Dad are taking good care of her, but I can’t believe how much I miss her. Funny how much our pets are like our kids, or at least in my case! LOL! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.