Tuesday, April 23

What a WILD day at work... I have 3 days of work left before England and I've got to really bust my butt to get stuff done before I head out. I forgot I had to get some workshop materials ready this week, so I killed a tree or two printing everything out (after finally getting the final files from my boss) and rushing it to Kinkos. When I get there, they tell me it won't be done until Fri night and I said "Noooo!!! I'm going to England... have to have it done first thing Thursday morning!!" So, the girl talked to her boss and got it all settled. Whew. Now, if all goes smoothly, then I'll be putting the materials in binders and shipping them off to the workshop location in Ohio. In the middle of all the printing, a guy brought around some wattage type monitors that we HAVE to use. These devices cost $100 a piece (I need two since I have two pooters at work) and will monitor any motion... if no motion for 30 mins, it shuts things off. The pooters are plugged into a side that isn't monitored, not a good thing if it were... anyway, my opinion as well as several others are saying this is total horseshit. The gov't spent $100 to save probably only 2 or 3 pennies a day. How RIDICULOUS is that. I know the guy who's brilliant idea this was and I just gotta say, "Mike - what the hell were you thinking???" Secondly, I can't believe that the management is actually going along with it. I could be wrong, MAYBE we'll save 4 or 5 pennies a day. It will take eons to save the $100 each. There was also a rumor that these little devices were there to monitor our 'whereabouts' and that there was a van parked out in the parking lot with surveillance equipment... who knows... eyes are everywhere. I don't have anything to hide, so survey away. This is where the things I learned in my short little class "Who Moved My Cheese" should come in handy... not really upset about the change, just think its a waste.