Tuesday, April 2

What is it about people who you think are your friends that hurt you, never apologize, quit talking to you, a few months pass by, then all of the sudden start sending e-mail (not to “one” specific person, just a forward) without so much as a how-do-you-do? It’s amazing how much one person can hurt another. Maybe they don’t realize they’ve hurt someone or maybe they just don’t care?? How is it that a person (let’s call her A) can hurt two people (in the same situation, lets call them B&C) and apologizes to A and not to B? That shows me that that the A didn’t give diddly squat about the C’s friendship. How can A be so oblivious to hurting another like that? If A cares enough to apologize to B and not C? As you probably guessed, this happened to me around Christmas time last year. (I’m C) It really hurt me deeply because I thought A was one of my closest friends, who I thought the world of – and who had a heart of gold. Broke my heart to lose her and I’ve been at a loss for months not knowing why she’d hurt me that way and just drop me like a hot potato. I’m far from perfect, but if I knew I hurt someone I’d do anything I could to apologize and try and make it right. I’d rather eat shit (so to speak!) than hurt anyone intentionally. I’m probably being a little stubborn and should contact her and find out what is going on, but I feel she owes me an apology. Am I wrong?? Maybe she thinks I don’t care about her because I haven’t contacted her?? Am I a bitch because I don’t want to be hurt any more and don’t feel its my place to make the first move?? Quite the quandary. Should be pretty simple – but when the friendship and the heart is involved, its never simple. Maybe the friendship just wasn’t meant to last?? I’m very fortunate to have many great friends and I thank God for them every day. I wouldn’t be where I am today without such wonderful, caring and supportive friends. I strive to be a true friend to them as well.