Saturday, April 6

I finally found the protein bars online that I've been searching for. One place I found them have been out of stock for what seems like an eternity. I refuse to buy these bars in the store because they're too expensive and can save around $1 per bar if I get them online. So, I found then on the Vitamin Shoppe site at a very reasonable price, so I ordered 2 boxes. I don't like chocolate (unless its white chocolate) and it seems like just about every protein bar out there is covered in chocolate. Yuck. I found a lemon crunchie flavor by Designer Whey that is quite tasty. I wish they'd make a peanut butter flavor without the chocolate! Did I mention I don't like chocolate, but LOVE peanut butter??!! There was a time when I absolutley LOVED chocolate as well - Reeses' Peanut Butter cups were my weakness - always had a stash of them in my closet. But, about 2 years ago, I decided chocolate was way too much of a temptation and too high in fat (couldn't stop eating the stuff!!) so I quit cold turkey. It took about 6 months, to totally lose the craving - now the smell doesn't even appeal to me. I don't even like Tootsie Rolls! How un-American is that?! Coming to the decision to cut out a lot of fat was pretty much forced on me. I had my gal bladder removed about 2.5 years ago and since then, my body just can't handle a lot of fat (makes me ill). For a while, I couldn't tolerate any more than 15 - 20 grams a day. I can do about 35 - 40 now, with being able to have one really naughty meal (never deep-fat fried though - that's overload big time) a week. I usually go for my fav cheese enchiladas or something just as yummy. I never realized just how bad my eating habbits were until I had to give all the fatty junk up! I was able to lose 100 lbs (yes - I was quite large!!!!) and still have some to go, but working on it. It was a good life-change and probably saved my life. It wasn't all "over eating" that made me gain so much weight to begin with though, it was due to medications and thyroid problems as well. Its a nightmare being trapped in such a large body.