Monday, April 29

Me thinks I’ve got everything done here at work that needs to be done… part of my duties will be done by a nice girl at work and will be in good hands. So, I don’t need to worry about things. Although will still have to check my e-mail and forward things on as needed. No big deal… and will charge for the time (minimum of 30 minutes is fair for my trouble) ;-) 2.5 hours left of work (as of now…) and just over 24 hours I’ll be at the airport getting my bags checked. YAY! Butterflies are starting to flutter around!! Way excited though to be on my adventure!! Hope I can sleep tonight! Thanks to Colin for your words about my journey today. Can't wait to meet you and D in Boston on my way home... what a nice way to end my vacation. :-) Just hope customs is quick (HAHAHA) so I can spend more time with you both. Had a funny thing happen last week that I forgot to blog about. I got a phone call from a guy Adrian in an office across the hall (where my buddy Linda works). Adrian asked me where I hid the rotten can of tuna fish in his office… I asked if it was Linda (that went right over his head) then he said, “No, it’s tuna-smelling…” *snicker* “or smells like a dead rat.” Then I asked if it was Brian just having a gas attack… no, wasn’t him either… He thought I was playing a joke on them by leaving some fowl smelling thing in their office when it was probably just their stinky garbage. He practically made me swear that I didn’t do anything. What a brilliant idea though – wish I would have done it. Maybe someday will have to try that when someone pisses me off – or just for the hell of it. There was a joke played here a few years back by a group of guys. They put a sardine in the mouthpiece of a man’s phone (back when you could unscrew the cap). This guy went for weeks smelling this awful fishy, horrid smell every time he got on the phone. He kept popping breath mints thinking it was his breath. About a year later, his phone quit working completely (sardine not the cause) and the phone technician found a sardine skeleton in it. How funny is that?! Another classic!! TTFN for now… I shall blog when I can about my adventures in England. Watch for all my new things I’m doing on the Something New site! The list will be long…