Sunday, March 17

Welcome to Karen's therapy session! Warning: today's post contains a lot of family shit, so you may not want to read it. The saga continues. Mom just came and told me some things that Kathy said to her last night, about what a horrible Mother she was… then Kathy’s husband Ellis (the world’s largest ass) just called and gave Mom more of it. I can’t believe that they would have the nerve to talk to my Mom that way. The funniest thing is – is my Dad sat there and listened to Kathy spout off to Mom and didn’t say a word! I don’t know what the hell my Dad was thinking?! I’m madder than hell right now for them speaking to Mom that way. I want to call them up and tell them just what I think, but I’ve promised Mom that I won’t. She said it won’t do any good and I know she’s right. They’re going to think what they want (and most of it is anger on their part) and we’re not sinking to their level. I can’t say how much it hurts me to see Mom hurt like this. I wish I could take it away. What kind of a man sends his wife and child off on weekends?! He’s a man, he makes the money, and therefore, it’s his apartment. Complete, selfish ASS. Let’s not even mention all the months they lived in Cincinnati and California when Kathy was the breadwinner. That must have been OK!! She never kicked him out when she wanted friends over. Ellis could live here for 9 months, under Mom and Dad’s roof, never lifting a finger, eating all their food, taking advantage of heat, showers, laundry service, etc., then turn around and treat Mom like shit. Ungrateful bastard. But the funny thing is – he’d never speak to my Dad like that. I can’t figure out why Dad is allowing them to talk to Mom like that. If we ever said anything derogatory or smart-mouthed in Mom’s direction, we’d get Tabasco put on our tongues and be punished. Mom is FINALLY seeing the light of how manipulative Kathy is. It blows my mind just how manipulative she is. I know we all manipulate to a certain extent, but not as maliciously as she does. Why do they have to be so nasty?! Then they expect others to treat them nicely and do things for them?!