Wednesday, March 13

I saw the movie “The Sixth Day” over the weekend. The concept of the movie – cloning people bothered me at first, but now I’m thinking maybe its not such a bad idea… at least as far as work is concerned. I sire could have used another me yesterday. Was one of those days when I wished my name wasn’t Karen. Today has been busy too, just not as bad. I even have a chance to take a break and blog! No thanks necessary. ;-) I went to a mini-workshop on change Monday night. It was based on the book “Who Moved My Cheese?” by Dr. Spencer Johnson. Although the instructors weren’t ‘certified’, the workshop really got me thinking about how boxed in I can be. Everyone has their moments when change seems like the worst thing that can happen. I’m better at change if I make the decision to change and not be forced – must be the rebel in me. I am always looking for new and better ways to improve my processes here at work, to achieve simplicity and time savings. I am so predictable and have such tunnel vision sometimes its amazing I make any progress at all. Although I have changed a great deal over the years – I’d say for the better, I can still be such a stickler for not wanting anything to change. I suppose that a person can only deal with so much change at a time, then they adjust and are able to make more changes as they go along. The ‘try something new’ every day is surely going to bring about some good changes. If you haven’t started it – I recommend that you do! Even if you start out doing one new thing a week, its better than staying stagnant! Enough rambling… must get back to work!