Tuesday, January 1

New Year's Eve was a nice evening, I went out to dinner then came home and played a rousing game of Dominos... then fell asleep before midnight. Am I pathetic or what?! (I thought of lots of fun things I wanted to do, but J is too far away!!!) I did wake up right at midnight though, to the sounds of my neighbors setting off fireworks. Well into the night, there was another commotion that woke me up from a dead sleep... the gazeebo over the hot tub decided to cave in from all the snow! Such a site to see. The walls are all still standing, the the roof caved in from the skylight and it looks like it crushed the hot tub cover where it landed on all 4 corners. Hopefully it didn't crack the hot tub though, we can't move anything until the claims adjuster gets here tomorrow. There wasn't even that much snow on the roof - most of it slid off and melted. Maybe the wood weakened from all the moisture... who knows.