Friday, January 11

Friday... had a pretty good Friday... got up early, got all my cleaning done then went off to play with buddy Linda for the day. We used to play on Fridays all the time, but haven't done it regularly in about a year. We met at the diner where my sister works and had a fab omelet then we went to the mall to shop a bit before our movie started. We're quite the shoppers - get in, find what we need and we're done. :-) The movie we saw was Harry Potter. I haven't read any of the books, so I wasn't totally sure what it was all about (except that wizardry was involved). I must say I really enjoyed the movie. It had humor and adventure. I suggest seeing it. The movie was enjoyable despite the child behind us that kept talking and smaking her lips while eating candy. Reminded me of an toothless dirty old man smaking his lips when a georgeous 20 year old walks by. Then the mother was constantly rattling a bag. Gets kinda irritating. Yeah, I know... we asked for it going to a 'family' type show. I like kids, don't get me wrong... I just have the opinion that children under the age of 3 shouldn't go to movies exept maybe cartoons. They can't understand the storyline and end up being a bother to everyone around. Movies generally can't keep a child of that age entertained for any more than 10 minutes. OK, enough bitching about that. There were other children in the theatre that were quite well behaved - those are the kind of kids I don't mind having around. I came home, unloaded my car from all my errands then took a nice long hot shower. I feel like I've been reborn but my feet may not forgive me for a few days. What is it with malls and tile floors that KILL your feet? You'd think they'd want to make it easier on the feet so people would stay longer and buy more things!