Friday, November 30

Yesterday, this area of Utah got dumped on with a huge snow storm. It didn't quit snowing all day and well into the night. When I left the house at 4:30am there was already about 4 inches and the further South I got, there was about 6 inches. Hill AFB and Salt Lake always seem to get more snow and rain due to the "Lake Effect" from the Great Salt Lake. Driving to work was nerve racking, but I made it and really glad I got there when I did because the people coming in after me had worse conditions. I finally left work about 11:00am because I had a strong feeling that if I didn't go home then, I wouldn't make it home. Maybe it was just nerves, but I've learned not to ignore those 'feelings' because they usually are right on. Anyway, I got home safe and sound. The freeway wasn't bad but the side roads were a mess. I got home and stayed here. I decided to get part of my cleaning done and get the Christmas decorations up. Nice snowy day for such an activity... I could think of something 'better' to do, but that sexy man J is too far away! So, I got all my decorations up and they've got me more in the Christmas mood. I do really enjoy the holidays, if I can get the majority if my shopping done before hand so I'm not stressing out. I have done quite a bit so far. My Mom usually depends on me to help her get things ready for our big Christmas Eve family party so I'll get my stuff done well in advance. Last night after I turned my lights out, I could see a warm glow coming from my window well. I knew Dad had turned the Christmas lights on. So, I put my sweats on and went outside to see the beautiful lights in the snow. It was sooo beautiful. One of my favorite things about Christmas are the lights! Todays plans are getting the rest of my cleaning done, then to run some errands... if I can get out of my neighborhood that is. Its still snowing in the mountains, but can't tell if its snowing down in the valley yet - too dark yet. I can't remember having a storm like this in years, especially in November!! Where ever the storm is headed next, people beware.