Wednesday, November 21

My Mom told me that she was planning a trip to Salt Lake on Friday to visit with my Aunt J that is there from California (who is staying with my cousin). She said she'd like my sister K, baby E and myself to go along... hmmmm... lemme think... I don't get along with this Aunt very well, she's always telling me 'what I need to be doing' and she and K are sooooo much alike (that explains a lot of the apprehension right there) so they get along famously. If I went, I'd be miserable but... if I stayed home, then for sure K would be completely out of the house. Hmmm... what shall I do?! I know!! I'll stay home!! What a fab idea!! Well, Thanksgiving is almost upon us. I got home from work early this morning, and got a few things done. I even managed to get a nappy in! Ahhh... nice afternoon. I think I slept for about 2 hours! Tomorrow Mom and I will have the last minute things to do. I'll have to finish my frog eye salad, yes the name sounds digusting but its quite good. Its made with pasta (tiny penne (sp??) pasta) that has to sit in a pineapple juice, egg and sugar mixture over night. Tomorrow I'll add pineapple, mandarin oranges, marshmallows and whipped cream. We'll do the turkey breast, potatoes, gravy, relish tray and warm up the banana squash, yams, and stuffing. Voila! Dinner will be served. My sister S is bringing the ham. Oh, the ham! She bought a honey glazed spiral ham. Pure heaven. I get the fun of setting the table. I always enjoy it, really I do. We'll use my Mom's beautiful red dishes (that will be MINE when she passes on) and gold flatware. I don't go to the extreme of making turkeys out of napkins though... that's where I draw the line. ;-) There will be plenty of turkeys at the table already.