Saturday, November 10

Watched the movie Cats and Dogs. Cute movie and pretty funny. I didn't like the way the cats were portrayed as the 'evil' ones though. The discussions of Thanksgiving Dinner are starting. What are we going to do, where are we going to have it, what are we going to eat, etc. Every-other year we have dinner at my brother's house and that was last year... so, hello people! Its the year for the parent's house. Not a hard decision. As for what we're having? The usual?? Turkey and stuffing, ham, potatoes and gravy, yams (yuck), veggies, salads, homemade rolls and pies, plenty of pickles, olives, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like Thanksgiving. We always have WAY too much food and all that preparation for a dinner that is over in a matter of 45 minutes. After dinner the usual tradition of everyone getting up from the table, claiming pure misery and disappearing to the basement or some other corner of the house, leaving my Mom, sister S, sis-in-law P and I to clean up. As soon as we get everything cleaned up, the others mysteriously start re-appearing as quickly as they disappeared earlier, and hungry for pie. Its almost like they have radar. This will be the first year in probably 15 years that all siblings will be under the same roof for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My sister K has been out of the state for years and didn't ever come home for the holidays. I think Mom and Dad are really excited about everyone being home. With Thanksgiving comes the ceremonial house cleaning with my Mom. Which includes cleaning carpets. I usually am the one to clean them for her, but it looks like this year is out because of the RA. I don't want to see Mom clean the carpets though, its too hard on her too, as well as Dad. But if I know Mom, she won't be satisfied unless the carpets are clean.