Wednesday, November 14

I need to rant and rave a bit about my favorite sister K. She is so bugging the shit out of me I can just scream. She's taking such advantage of my parents and their good hearts. She and her husband moved out (after living here for 9 months), K had her baby and they were out this house for about 2-3 weeks. All of the sudden, they start having problems with their land lady - or one thing or another so K and the baby start staying here at night (while her husband works graveyards) and pretty much here all day too. (Note: I live in the basement of my parent's home - pathetic I know, but I pay rent and help out around the house, etc and I'm poor) The Baby waking up all hours of the night, crying, you know, the usual baby things. But of course, K is sooo tired so Mom and Dad get up with the baby. Free babysitters 24 x 7. Tonight I get home, and was fixing myself something to eat - some leftovers. She came into the kitchen and this is how the conversation went: K: Oh, what's for dinner? Are you fixing that for me? Me: No - this is for me. K: I wish you would make some sloppy joes, I'm really craving them! Me: You can cook (thinking "What the F*CK are you telling me this for? I've been at work for 11 hrs and the last thing I want to do is cook something for YOU who's been sitting on her ass all day long!!"). K: Oh, but you're such a good cook and I don't remember how to make them. Me: I tell her how to make them. (thinking "What a snow job" but it is true! I'm a much better cook than she is because I do know how to cook and she's too lazy to). I leave and come downstairs to my safe haven. No sooner than I sit down here at my computer does she come downstairs to get into the food storage room. She starts asking me "Is this all you guys have is this and that..." I couldn't bring myself to answer. She was making fun of the variety of macaroni that Mom has in there. I so wanted to say "Excuse me, but you are eating HER food - what the hell are you complaining about?" Free room and board and she has the nerve to bitch?! I thought I just better keep my mouth shut or it would mean World War III. She's got a wicked temper and if I did say anything, she'd play the "MOM!! Karen just said..." shit and make me out to be the bad guy. No thanks. She also told me that they're moving out of their apartment on Nov 30 but can't move into their new apartment until Dec 6. Guess what that means? UGH. They'll all be living here! SCREAM!!!!!. Xanax is going to be my friend that week!! I hope I don't suffer any permanent damage or don't injur one of them. Gotta keep my stress under control. GRRR! Mom and Dad are so sympathetic toward K and she is really taking advantage of them in all sorts of ways. They're not helping her, they're enabling her. She needs to get off her ass and get a job now that the baby is over 2 months old. She always comes up with some excuse.