Monday, November 26

I'm home sick today and bored out of my mind. Couldn't stay in bed for one more minute. I've got a sore throat, nothing that's killing me or anything, but I thought it best to stay home. Only a slight fever and don't feel like complete shit so I'm sure its not strep, although I have those cute little white spots. I can feel my glands snap and rub every time I swallow. I'm drinking lots of hot Tang and its soothing my throat. I may get some hot lemonade later. Old family remedies that work well. I wish I could have a shot of whiskey but can't do that cuz of my RA meds. Bummer... I could really start feeling great. ;-) Dad always says "You've got to sweat it out!" Which is really true I think, because once you really get sweating, your fever usually breaks and it helps get all the poisons out of your system. My cat is keeping me company - she's such a loyal companion. Especially when I'm sick, she's extra cudley. She even tries to follow me into the bathroom, which she does from time to time, but not like this. I leaver her on my bed thinking she's totally zonked and next thing I know, she's scratching and meowing at the bathroom door.