Sunday, November 18

Having a pretty relaxing weekend despite the fact that my sister and her baby are back staying upstairs... they were gone for 2 days. Despite the excuse that K is scared (totally paranoid) that her land lady will do physical harm to her or the baby, now they are here because the baby picked up a virus and the doctor told K not to take her home to a damp basement apartment. Which could possibly be true since the virus is causing little E to have raspy breathing. Oh well... they have been quiet so far. I've just stayed down here and not let them bother me. I'm putting some foam rubber in the heat vents to block out more of the noise coming from upstairs. I've got the heat vents covered with cardboard anyway since it gets too hot down here in the winter. I'd rather have it a bit chilly then dive into a nice warm snuggly bed with lots and lots of blankets. Still no *major* RA flare ups - woohoo!! I'm still achy as hell in the mornings and my hands and feet hurt throughout the day, but not bad enough to take pain pills. Relaxing and stretching seem to be helping keep it under control. I've also discovered wrapping my hand when the knuckles are swollen helps a lot too - to keep it slightly immobile. This week will be Week #6 with the new medication - 2 - 6 more to go before we know if its working or not as far as modifying the disease to prevent joint damage. I actually won't know for certain until Jan 2 when I go see my Rheumatologist. My company dumped my current health insurance for 2002. At first I was really freaking out - wondering how it would effect the doctors I see, etc. I'm hoping that things will work out OK. Pre-existing conditions don't play as a factor which I'm grateful for.