Friday, October 12

Today started off on a nice note. I got up, got some breakfast and was going to check my e-mail while eating my yogurt. I turned on the computer and a flash came out of the back of the tower. Yes, the power supply had blown. I took the tower to get it fixed, and was so grateful to them for fixing it then and there... 10 mins and it was done. No charge either - love warranties! The day got better when I took my Mom to lunch and then ran a couple of errands with her. She commented on how this war is bringing back memories of her childhood and WWII. She was only 5 or 6 at the time, but remembers the loud sirens to warn everyone it was a 'black out' and her mother gathering her and her 2 sisters to hide under the kitchen table and sitting there until the threat had passed. She said the uncertainty is very unsettling, which I agree. My Mom is one great lady - very sweet and tender hearted. I'm also lucky to have a great Dad as well, don't want to leave him out! He had knee surgery a couple weeks ago and has been naughty. Doing things he shouldn't be doing, going up and down stairs, etc., before he should have. Mom has been on his case but it doesn't do any good. Last night while eating dinner, he told her "Dear, I think I've been over doing things. I'll start taking things easy now." It takes them a while to figure things out... ;-) No offense to MEN out there, we women just naturally have more common sense. Well, MOST women. There are some women out there that worry me more than me.