Wednesday, June 20

Yes, I'm still alive! Haven't had a chance to blog in days. Anyhoo... I've decided on an alternate route home from work. Going home lately has been horrible thanks to construction and traffic lights off the freeway exits that aren't timed right, so traffic gets backed up on the freeway - so the freeway (for about 10 miles) is literally a parking lot. So - I'm going the slow way home... going through tons of traffic lights and some other construction (that doesn't get backed up) just to get home... only about 5 mins longer than normal but 10 mins sooner than sitting in the parking lot. There are two seasons in this state: Winter and Construction. They've been doing a lot of construction in Salt Lake City area to prepare for the Winter Olympics (so looking forward to THAT) 2002, but its pretty much completed... unfortunately, they've started tearing up all the other freeways!!! Don't get me wrong, the work needs to be done, I just wish they'd do it without causing so many delays. They should have planned better years ago when they were doing construction - since they could see how the areas were growing, but nooooo. I think the planning engineers must have been men - not prepared for anything. (No offense to the men I like! which I can count on my fingers) tee hee just kidding. Sort of. ;-) I know there are just as many horrible women out there as there are men. The trick is to stay away from all of them... which is almost impossible. Its a good thing that I have so many wonderful friends and family members (with the exception of one sister, tee hee) that make life bearable!! :-)