Friday, June 22

Hey - guess what? I'm not super woman! Today was my day off - and I got up early and cleaned... although I kept chatting with E over the e-mail while I was cleaning, I was able to finish it. Then I was off to run some errands and only completed half of them thanks to the heat and not fully recovered from that surgery... so I must go out again tomorrow. Not a big deal, just that I like to get all my sh*t done on Fridays so I can play the rest of the weekend. I came home and attempted to roast my butt outside for a while and stuck it out for an hour and fifteen minutes. Hot, hot, hot. While outside, I found my cat lying in the garden... and while reaching down to pet her, I heard a rustling in the peas... it was a SNAKE! I screamed and jumped back... the cat just laid there and looked at me like I'd lost my mind! It must have been hilarious. Mr. Snake slithered into a hole (I suspect because I didn't see him anywhere, not that I got THAT close)! Is there anything worse than a snake?? Now I'm freaking out about going out there again until someone kills that snake!!!! Yes, I am fully aware that snakes are everywhere, but must they come into my yard?? I'm sure it was just a 'water snake' - no rattling was heard... EEEEEEKKKK!!!! they're awful creatures! I can think of another type of snake that isn't awful at all, but we won't go there ;-). Not an out-doorsy type at all - get over it. My idea of roughing it is standing in line for the bathroom at the family's cabin. I do know how to camp and survive a little bit in the wilderness... I just choose not to when there are all these wonderful comforts of life. Gotta have some enjoyment in life - I'll take what little I can get!