Saturday, June 30

102, ladies and gentleman! It reached a blistering 102 degrees today. I was stupid enough to be out in it - for about 1.5 hours. Must maintain a tan though - otherwise I look like Casper the Friendly Ghost. Other than the heat, life has treated me pretty good today. I lounged around until about 9, talked to my sexy man J until about 10, then continue to lounge around until I went outside... then lounged around some more and took a nap until 4! Yup, life is good. Not perfect however, but good. Tonight's plans are to go see some fireworks. The town I spent the majority of my life in (around 20 years!) is celebrating their 150th Founder's Day. They hold fireworks at the local high school (which I attended)... and lucky enough, my brother lives right be the school and has a great view of the fireworks. So, I'll go and sit on his driveway and watch and visit with all my nephews and nieces. Sounds quite exciting, I know... but they're a fun crowd. I have until now and dark to keep myself entertained, which I think I can manage. Maybe watch a movie and hopefully talk to J again. J lives about 1500 miles away, which is so hard. I actually haven't met the man face to face yet - but hope to soon. We've been talking for nearly 8 months now and we hit it off almost immediately. Sigh... can't wait to meet him. We'll get into all sorts of trouble, I imagine... me thinks my life needs some of that type of trouble. ;-)